Friday 24 April 2015

Metal - Cardboard Box Research


For the project/exhibition at 'Metal' at Edge Hill Station, we were tasked to involve a box in our work. I decided that I wanted to use a cardboard box for this project, but didn't really know what I was going to do with it or how it would link to my project so far. So I did some research to find a starting point and inspiration.





I found these images on Pinterest, the images above is a charcoal and chalk drawing in a ripped piece of cardboard from a cardboard box. I liked this image, and I decided that I could collage onto the flat cardboard like I did with the envelopes, but I later decided that I wanted to create something 3D and free standing.
After I had my rethink I did further research and found the other images. I really like the idea if having the images, in my case it would be my collages inside of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment